Tuesday, December 22, 2009

No Reservations by Megan Hart and Lauren Dane

My Rating: 4.5 out of 5

This is the sequel to Taking Care of Business.


I think I read more negative reviews for this book than the prequel. Some of the comments I've seen I got the impression that they didn't really understand the book. Mostly reference to Leah being dominating etc. I think they missed the fact that she likes to play that role when she and Brandon are engaged sexually. 


I really liked the book. The characters were entertaining, interacted really well. It was so well written I really got pissed off at Pickles (Dix's ex-wife) as if she were pulling all of the crap she pulled on my best friend. Once again, hot sex.

Great read.

Synopsis:

Christmas is not so merry for Kate and Leah. Kate's romantic winter holiday is destroyed by the sudden and uninvited presence of Dix's annoying ex-wife Eve or Pickles as she's referred to in the book, while Brandon's super-perfect family and a diamond ring send Leah running for the refuge of a girl's vacation in Sin City with Kate in tow. But Dix and Brandon both know what they want. In hot pursuit, the men show up in Vegas, ready to use every sensual trick they have to convince Kate and Leah to take a gamble on forever. Four days in Vegas. Two sexy and determined men. One penthouse suite . . . and no reservations.

2 comments:

adrienne said...

I'm soooo glad you liked both of these books, b/c I loved them too! I think Brandon is delicious, oh so sexy, and smart with it! I enjoyed reading about his relationship with Leah and understood perfectly where both of them were coming from, it's shame other readers haven't quite picked up on that, b/c then they kind of miss the whole point of their story together. One of my favourite scenes is when he takes Leah to the Fetish Conention b/c he wants a braclet oh so sweet! I was actually looking at both these books just yesterday and thinking about re-reading them, I love Megans Harts books, but I'm saving Stranger until mid Jan b/c Amazon Uk are not dispatching her new book Switch until February *groan* and I need my Meg HArt Fix right now LOL

thepleasureschest said...

I love her books. She's a great author.

I've read Stranger and really enjoyed it. Switch comes out in Canada January 1st. I've read many of her books but still have a few to read through.

I know what you mean about getting a Meg Hart fix.