Friday, October 28, 2016

All the Dead Girls by Rita Herron




Publisher's Description

When a violent storm hits Graveyard Falls, it unearths the unimaginable: skeletons of teenage girls, each dressed in white and holding a candle. It’s clear to FBI agent Beth Fields that this is the work of a long-standing killer—but could it be the one she escaped years ago? She has no memory of the man who held her captive and murdered her friend. But even though someone was jailed for the crime, she’s always feared that the real killer is still out there…waiting and watching.

Ian Kimball never believed his stepfather was guilty of Beth’s kidnapping or the slaying of two local girls. Now Graveyard Falls’s sheriff, he’s determined to catch the true perpetrator. And when more young women go missing, he realizes he needs Beth’s help. She is nothing like Ian expected, and everything he desires. But if they have any hope of finally ending the killer’s reign of terror, Beth an Ian will need to put everything aside, including their past, their mistrust, and their growing attraction.

My review:

This is the third book of Graveyard Falls series. I haven't read the first two books but this book can definitely be read as a standalone. This is the first book I've read by Rita Herron and I really enjoyed it. The characters were fairly well developed and well-written. Although the character of FBI agent Beth Fields was a little weaker than I would have liked for an agent. The book has suspense and a bit of romance. The romance between the two main characters could have been developed a bit more. I didn't really feel the chemistry between the two but that wasn't a deal breaker for me and don't really impact my enjoyment of the book because I really enjoyed it.

Overall this is a good book. It kept me guessing all the way though as to who was responsible for the ghastly murders. I will definitely be reading the first two books of this series and future books by Ms. Herron.

Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC in return for an honest review

0 comments: