Thursday, February 4, 2010

Coming Undone (Brown Siblings, #2)
Coming Undone by Lauren Dane


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I absolutely loved this book. I haven't read a book in a while that I truly enjoyed this much.


It focused on real relationships. Romanance, family, friends. It was nice to read about an older couple as opposed to most that I've read with characters in their twenties and early thirties. Not that I don't love those, I do. It's just a nice change to see that older couples are also seen as very sexual beings.


Lauren Dane captures every feeling of each character and every situation and brings it to life.



Elise was a ballerina. Her career ended after she was physically abused by her husband. She picks up the pieces and takes her daugther Rennie and moves to another state and opens up her own dance studio.


She's a loving mother that does what's necessary to protect her daughter. She's also a very strong person and doesn't take crap from anyone.


Brody lives across the street from Elise and Rennie and an incident brings them together. It was nice to see their relationship flourish slowly (more than a few days or weeks) from a sexual one to one of love and happily ever after. Lauren Dane takes us through each of their emotional journeys in great detail which isn't always the case in an erotic romance.


Rennie is such a smart, sweet little girl that pulls at your heart strings. The interaction between the three characters is heart warming.


The book came alive for me. I found myself smiling when reading certain parts and annoyed at others because the characters and the situations affected me that much.


Brody and Elise are a great couple. They're both honest and loving and you can't help but fall in love with them. There is great sexual chemistry. Love scenes are hot and explicit. The language used between the characters during the sex scenes are true to life and not watered down.


I highly recommend this book.
Brody is tattooed (also owns a tattoo parlor), rides a motorcycle. He appears to be a tough ass, but this couldn't be further from the truth. He loves his brother and sister. He treats his friends like family. He's caring and protective of those he loves and he shows it.

0 comments: